Saturday, April 4, 2009

Brazil Part 3 - Back to the park

I loved the market, but my very favourite thing to do was visit the park. Sometimes I'd get a glimpse of the little tamarins with their big eyes and glossy fur, and sometimes I'd see different birds like this pompadour cotinga or this swallow-tailed cotinga (look at her beautiful nest!).

Often Theresa Christina came with me. (Her mother is a friend of Vanda's.) She's very active, and I needed some exercise too. (All that travel time in the envelope meant that I got really, and I mean really, out of shape.) Anyway, Theresa Christina made me a track suit just like hers, and we went running together in the park. She made me the overalls and striped sweater, too. Now I had something to wear again while all my other clothes were in the laundry.

On one of our walks in the park we met Gladson. I like this picture on the left a lot: you can see Theresa Christina, Gladson, and me in the middle; and in the background you can see how green and jungly the park really is. It's much more interesting than our parks, where the grass is mowed all the time and there's no place to hide.


No comments: